Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Safe

My safe haven.
The one thing I always went back to,
no matter how many years passed,
no matter how much things changed.
This always stayed the same.
I guess you could call it my second home.
After all, I did grow up there.
Each time back was a different memory,
an evolution of me changing without even realizing it.
Memories flood my brain.
Some visible, others just triggered.
It used to seem so big, full of wonder
to my young, naive eyes.
Full of adventure.
Maybe the adventure still exists, but not when you're alone.
I'm not sure what I expect sitting here.
It won't bring you back,
won't bring back the days before I knew pain,
before I knew just how cruel the world really was.
But for this time I can sit
and be surrounded by the memories of this big red park.

No comments:

Post a Comment